Hi, I’m Carly, a UK-based technical writer and editor specialising in mining and metals…
My background is in geology, but I’ve spent the past 15 years writing for and managing some of the industry’s leading trade publications, including Engineering & Mining Journal, Mining Magazine, Mining Journal, Equipo Minero, Coal Age and GeoDrilling International.
In 2019, I went freelance and established an online publication – The Intelligent Miner – to make mining more interesting and relatable for those outside of the sector.
I am proud to have been voted one of the most influential women in mining in 2016 by Clear Creek Media and to have been nominated for the prestigious Women in Mining WIM100 list in 2020.
Having worked as a magazine editor for many years, I know how hard it can be finding people with both the time and breadth of expertise to write thought leadership pieces and content marketing materials. I therefore provide independent editorial services for brands in the mining space including the ghost writing and editing of:
- blog posts, whitepapers and reports,
- articles for B2C and consumer publications, and
- thought-leadership pieces.
Additionally, I can help with:
- Developing a content strategy as part of your marketing efforts,
- Hosting roundtables or interviews,
- Sharpening your writing for print, online platforms or social media, and
- Writing speeches and presentations.
If you have any questions or would like details on my rates and availability please send me an email.